As a military family, my husband and I have spent many wedding anniversaries apart.
But even when we weren’t with each other in person, we did our best to celebrate our wedding anniversary in creative ways to show one another how much we care.
Celebrating doesn’t just show the world that love and marriage still go hand in hand, it nourishes the love within you.
Here are some of the things we’ve done over the years to commemorate the day we said I do. Try one, or two, or three – you’ll be glad you did!
- Write a love letter to your spouse. Spray it with your perfume or kiss it with your favorite lipstick. Here is an anniversary letter I published on my blog last year when my husband was serving in Afghanistan.
- Blow up a balloon for each year of your marriage and put a piece of paper in each one with something nice about your spouse. My husband enjoys popping the balloons and reading what I have to say on each one.
- Go out to breakfast instead of dinner. It is much lighter on the wallet and is a great way to start off your day.
- Dress up and dance all night in your living room or bedroom.
- Enjoy a quiet game night at home preparing your favorite snacks and beverages. If you feel like it, invite some friends to join in earlier in the evening, reserving the late evening for the two of you.
- Make a special dinner with choice ingredients at home. Spice it up with candles and your favorite music playing softly in the background.
- Go out to dessert instead of dinner. This is a great way to have time alone while going easy on the budget.
More to Consider…